Just another WordPress.com site

Monthly Archives: November 2012

Image

Matthew 27:21 & 26

“The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that i release unto you? They said, Barabbas”

“Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.”

After a good chat with one of my brothers I began to couple that conversation with other thoughts. Namely a few words rattling around in the ole grey matter from Steve Quayle from a recent radio broadcast…”there is no political salvation”. Very true indeed. It appears that some in our country continue to seek a “national” salvation to our problems when the answer has already been given both in redemption of Jesus Christ and early the examples of the early church.

Acts 2:41

“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”

The early church didn’t seek office, or try and work through the political landscape to change the world. To the contrary they went as the Spirit led them into the world and they turned the world upside down doing so. A wonderful point and call, valid even in this day. Occupy till I come.

Advertisements

Let me start right out of the gate acknowledging that my prayers are with the Petraeus family, as their family name is excoriated on the National stage.  I would further preface with Galatians 6:1:

“Bretheren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

As many pastors have well said… sin takes you further than you want to go and makes you pay more than you want to pay.

The point to my meanderings here and the title of this post..Something is broken, is no shock to any of us paying attention, for how often does the “Media” give attention to that which is not worthy, whilst ignoring that which is worthy.  So now every possible outlet is covering the developing scandal and how provocative it is. But back in September…Benghazi?  Cue the crickets. 

So we know something is broken, and has been for a long time.  We will see and hear, get quotes from thousands of emails, see the unmerciful labels such as General “Betray-Us”, and watch as the scandal unfolds and destroys a family, a man of service, etc.  But what of Benghazi?  Those who died, what was going on there preceding the attack?  Well we may not know this side of eternity, the frustration of say the Woods family, a decent and God fearing family, I’m sure are among those desirous of answers.  They all deserve answers and so far it’s just double talk and scandal. 


Image
A time for honesty?

Don’t take this post as a licking of wounds or as a disappointment in this weeks elections, or as a complaint. Let’s separate emotions for a moment and ask and maybe answer a question or two or seven.

Let me preface that my world view is shaped by that of scripture and of eschatology, but I will look insomuch as possible with another perspective.

Can we really move “forward”? If we look at the clock, that one being the National debt clock, can we agree that the debt is unsustainable? What time is it on the debt clock? Here have a look:http://www.usdebtclock.org/Ok lets consider at face value that under Clinton 25% of the population was dependent upon the government… to live. Bush 30%, currently it’s at 47%. We know the government always grows right? For the sake of easy math lets call it 50% so for every person working they support 1 other person. The trend then since the Clinton years is a growth rate of 2.35% per year since 1992 as an overall average. In the last 4 years it has grew at 4.25% per year. Point being in 10 years it doubled… So in the next 10 years can our workforce afford 10% paying for the other 90%?

The whole 1% verses the 99% topic…. Can 1% support 99%?

I would abjure us as Americans to pay better attention, we’ve been asleep at the wheel for far too long…. The road signs have said for several miles that the bridge is out ahead… Now as the economist, the bankers, and the like all shout “fiscal cliff” strait ahead we’ve built so much momentum that it’s unavoidable to fly off the cliff… What will you do?

The America I love is the land of the free and home of the brave. As one watcher put it well… It has turned into land of the freebies, home of the enslaved.

Your shackles fitting okay?